Our chosen product to address scarring is bioCorneum+ (or bC+). Using bC+ will help provide the optimal environment for aesthetic scar outcome. We carry this in our office as a convenience for you and recommend that all of our patients use this after their sutures are removed and their wound is closed.
bC+ is a self-drying silicone gel for minimizing the appearance of scars while SPF 30 UV protection ingredients help guard them from the darkening effects of sun exposure.
At suture removal, it is recommended that you start applying a thin layer of bC+ twice daily for twelve weeks or until you stop seeing noticeable results. If you have a tendency to form hypertrophic (raised, red) scars or keloids, you may want to use bC+ for six months to a year.
The patented silicone formulation in bioCorneum+ has been shown to flatten, soften, and smooth scars, reduce discoloration, as well as relieve associated itch, pain and discomfort of scars.
It has been demonstrated in clinical studies that proactively treating the new scar with the patented silicone formulation in bioCorneum+ may reduce the likelihood of abnormal scar formation and provide the optimal environment for aesthetic scar outcome.
How Should bioCorneum+ be used?
- Ensure the affected area is clean and dry.
- Apply bC+ to the area in a very thin layer and allow to dry completely (4 to 5 minutes).
- Once dry, bioCorneum+ can be covered with cosmetics or compression garments.
- Adhering to the twice daily treatment schedule consistently every day, for the prescribed length of treatment, is important.
- To be effective bioCorneum+ should be in contact with your scar 24 hours day.
Example 12-Week Scar Management Program
Click to Download: 12 Week Scar Management Program